Family Activities In Belfast
So, the summer is finally here! Are you struggling to find new ideas for family friendly activities in Belfast? If so, we are here to help with a few ideas!
- In case you missed it, golf is the biggest theme around right now! While the professionals take time out after Portrush, enjoy some family fun at The Lost City Adventure Golf in Belfast. With two fully accessible 18-hole indoor adventure golf courses, all the family will have a fun day out! Open seven days a week from 10am to 10pm at Cityside Retail and Leisure Park (Yorkgate) groups of under ten people can just turn up and have a go at one or both of the rainforest-themed courses. If there are ten or more people, it’s easy to book online or by phone. . Don’t worry if it’s raining or sunny outside – The Lost City Adventure Golf is indoors so even though you feel like you’ve been transported to the depths of arainforest, complete with tropical storms, you are still guaranteed to stay dry! If you’re in need of refreshment The Lost City Adventure Golf has you covered too. With a themed café bar the whole family can soak up the atmosphere while enjoying freshly bakedpizza and drinks from the varied menu. With free parking or easy access by public transport there’s nothing stopping you spending an entire day and trying out some of the other activities at Cityside while you are there. Funky Monkeys, Galaxy Bingo and Movie House Cinemas are all on site or do a bit of retail therapy! So, whether you are 3 or 103, The Lost City Adventure Golf is perfect for a bit of family fun that everyone can take part in!
- Have you been to the Botanic Gardens recently to see the newly renovated Tropical Ravine? What about seeing the beautiful roses at Sir Thomas and Lady Dixon Park? There is an amazing number of things to see and do in the parks in Belfast. From a peaceful walk to dancing at Jazz in the Park, taking a blanket and something to munch at a Teddy Bear’s Picnic or giving the play park a go – there are lots of options. Check out Belfast City Council’s website for opening hours and information about the facilities in each park and special events over the summer.
- Take a walk along the Maritime Mile (you can look up the route on line). This gentle one-mile stroll along the Belfast waterfront runs from Sailortown past Belfast Harbour office and crosses the Lagan Footbridge at the Big Fish before following the trail down the opposite side of the river to finish at Thompson Dry Dock which is where RMS Titanic was fitted out. With great sights to see along the way including the Odyssey, SS Nomadic, Titanic Belfast, the Great Light and HMS Caroline there are plenty of things to interest the whole family and lots of places to stop off along the way if you have the time. If you want to take a tour of any of the local visitor attractions like SS Nomadic, Titanic Belfast, the Game of Thrones Touring Exhibition or HMS Caroline, remember they can be busy in the summer months, so book tickets in advance on their websites.
- Why not treat the family to brunch, afternoon tea or dinner out? There are an amazing range of cafes, coffee shops, restaurants and hotels in Belfast – you will be sure to find something to suit all tastes and budgets! Take the opportunity to sit back and relax and spend some quality time catching up with your family and finding out about their summer adventures.
- Play tourist and visit some of the amazing tourist attractions Belfast has to offer. There are lots of places you can visit for free like Belfast City Hall, Stormont Parliament Buildings, St George’s Market and the Ulster Museum at Botanic. Translink has special summer offers on family tickets to help you get around the City and beyond for less – so don’t feel you need a car to get around. If you want to take a full tour and see all the City has to offer, try out one of the sightseeing bus tours and pop off when you find something which interests you!
So whether you are on a budget or wanting to splash the cash for a special experience, there is plenty to choose from in Belfast. Enjoy making memories on your family day out!