Knighton Leisure Limited (trading as The Lost City Adventure Golf), “we”, “us”, “our” – collect, use and are responsible for certain personal information about you. When we do so we are regulated under the General Data Protection Regulation which applies across the European Union (including in the United Kingdom) and we are responsible as ‘controller’ of that personal information for the purposes of those laws.
We recognise the importance of your privacy and are committed to protecting any personal information we collect about you.
For the purposes of this privacy statement, the word “you” includes website visitors, the Lost City Adventure Golf users and purchasers of the Lost City Adventure Golf parties and group bookings.
THE PURPOSE OF THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT IS TO INFORM YOU ABOUT:
- What personal information about you is collected by the Lost City Adventure Golf
- How the information is used
- Reasons we can collect and use your personal information
- With whom the information may be shared
- Your rights
- How you can access and change any personal information the Lost City Adventure Golf holds about you
- What security procedures are in place to protect the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information by the Lost City Adventure Golf
- How to contact the Lost City Adventure Golf
- How to complain
THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT APPLIES TO ANY PERSONAL INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE TO US:
- When visiting the Lost City Adventure Golf website
- When using the Lost City Adventure Golf online booking services
- When you correspond, or communicate with the Lost City Adventure Golf over the telephone or in any other manner including by letter or email
The provision of personal information (such as name, address, billing address, contact information) is required from you to enable us to provide certain services and products to you. We will inform you at the point of collecting information from you, whether you are required to provide the information to us.
WHAT TYPES OF INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
Information collected by us
In the course of providing our services and products to you, the Lost City Adventure Golf gathers three types of information about you, namely:
- Personal information about you such as your name, contact information, including email address, telephone number and in some cases, your billing details and general financial and credit information;
- Aggregated Data (as defined below) generated by our systems – or third party systems – to track our website traffic but that which does not identify you personally; and
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers.
We also obtain your personal information from other sources as follows:
- Personal information about you such as your photograph, name and residence location from independent websites, such as TripAdvisor, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, the Corner house website. This information is collected when you elect to write a review or commentary about our services and/or products and can be publicly viewed by others, including us.
- Financial details through our payment portal when making a booking online, including payment details and address.
The type of information that the Lost City Adventure Golf collects about you, either directly or indirectly through third parties, is dependent on your level of customer requirement. IE. You want to pay for a group booking online we do receive payment details through worldpay. If you visit the site this with register as site traffic but we will not receive any personal details unless you, as the customer book through the website.
The Lost City Adventure Golf does not collect ‘sensitive information’ about you.
Sensitive information includes – but is not limited to – information about your race or ethnic origin, your religion and your sexual preferences.
COLLECTION OF AGGREGATE DATA
The Lost City Adventure Golf also collects non personal information in aggregate form to track data such as the total number of visits to our website, the number of visits to specific areas of our website and the domain names of our website visitors’ internet service providers.
We use this information, which remains in aggregate form, to understand how our website visitors use our website so that we can constantly improve and enhance our services.
HOW WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
The Lost City Adventure Golf may collect personal information about you:
- when you place bookings with us, either on our website, by telephone or by email, or making enquiry prior to placing bookings, either on our website, by telephone or by email.
- when you send your CV to the Lost City Adventure Golf to solicit a job, either via email or letter or any other mode of communication.
- when you write commentary or reviews about our services and/or products through other sources.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
The Lost City Adventure Golf may use your personal information for one or more of the following purposes:
- to communicate with you, including via email or telephone, to confirm a booking
- to communication with you to obtain your feedbacks about our services and/or products
- to communication with you for marketing purposes, such as contacting you about our offers and any updates about our services and/or products
- to facilitate and process contracts between yourself and the Lost City Adventure Golf
- to comply with legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations and good practice
- to ensure good and safe operation of our business, such as recording transactions, training and quality control
- to pursue our legitimate processes in a way which might reasonably be expected as part of running our business and which does not materially impact your rights, freedom or interests e.g. – financially or for first aid purposes
REASONS WE CAN COLLECT AND USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
The Lost City Adventure Golf relies on Article 6 of the General Data Protection Regulation as the lawful basis on which we collect and use your personal data, especially:
- when you have given consent to the processing of your personal data; or
- when processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party or in order to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract; or
- when processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which The Lost City Adventure Golf is subject; or
- when processing is necessary in order to protect your vital interests; or
- when processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION TO THIRD PARTIES
The Lost City Adventure Golf may disclose your personal information (e.g. name, contact information, including email address, telephone numbers and in some cases, your billing details and general financial and credit information) to the following third parties
- our booking service providers in order to communicate with you or facilitate your booking
- our suppliers who perform services for us, including, the management and maintenance of our IT systems, including our tills system.
- law enforcement or other authorities if required by applicable law.
In some instances, including for example, where you pay online, the Lost City Adventure Golf may collect personal information about you – including financial and credit information to process payment.
This data sharing enables the third parties to process your bookings with us and us to offer you our services and/or products.
Where your personal information is passed on to third party contractors, the Lost City Adventure Golf takes reasonable steps to ensure that these individuals and/or organisations are bound by confidentiality and privacy obligations in relation to the protection of your personal information.
Other than as outlined above, the Lost City Adventure Golf will not disclose your personal information without your consent unless disclosure is necessary to prevent a threat to life or health, authorised or required by law, reasonably necessary to enforce the law or necessary to investigate a suspected unlawful activity.
HOW LONG YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION WILL BE KEPT
The Lost City Adventure Golf will hold your personal data (e.g. your name, contact information, including email address, telephone numbers and in some cases, your billing details and general financial and credit information) for 6 years, the period we are required to retain this information by applicable UK tax law.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation you have a number of important rights free of charge. In summary, those include rights to:
fair processing of information and transparency over how we use your use personal information
access to your personal information and to certain other supplementary information that this Privacy Statement is already designed to address
require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold
require the erasure of personal information concerning you in certain situations
receive the personal information concerning you which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to a third party in certain situations
object at any time to processing of personal information concerning you for direct marketing
object to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you
object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal information
otherwise restrict our processing of your personal information in certain circumstances
claim compensation for damages caused by our breach of any data protection laws
For further information on each of those rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, see the Guidance from the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) on individuals rights under the General Data Protection Regulation.
If you would like to exercise any of those rights, please:
email us at email@example.com, call or write to us
let us have enough information to identify you (e.g. your full name, home address and contact information)
let us have proof of your identity and address (a copy of your driving licence or passport and a recent utility or credit card bill), and
let us know the information to which your request relates
ACCESS TO AND CORRECTION OF INFORMATION WE HOLD ABOUT YOU
Upon your request, the Lost City Adventure Golf will provide you with access to your personal information unless there is an exception which applies under the General Data Protection Regulation, Data Protection Act 2018 and The Privacy and Electronic Communications – EC Directive – Regulations 2003. If such access cannot be provided, we will tell you why.
The Lost City Adventure Golf may recover any reasonable costs incurred in providing you access to the requested information.
KEEPING INFORMATION UP TO DATE
The Lost City Adventure Golf strives to ensure that the information we hold about you is accurate, complete and up to date at all times.
If the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate, incomplete, or no longer up to date, or you wish for your details to be removed from the website, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org so that we may take reasonable steps to address this and/or discuss alternative options with you.
STORAGE AND SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
The Lost City Adventure Golf takes reasonable steps to protect the security of your personal information in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
The Lost City Adventure Golf regularly reviews and implements new security and encryption technologies. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be totally secure.
Whilst the Lost City Adventure Golf strives to protect such information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or obtain from our online products or services.
Accordingly, use is at your own risk.
Once any personal information comes into our possession, we will take reasonable steps to protect that information from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
In the event of a personal breach we have in place procedures to ensure that the effects of such breach are minimised and shall liaise with the ICO and with you as appropriate.
The Lost City Adventure Golf has links to other websites. Please note that these links are intended for your convenience only.
Links to third party websites do not constitute endorsement, sponsorship or approval by the Lost City Adventure Golf of the content, policies or practices of those third party websites.
If you have any concerns regarding your privacy when visiting a linked third party, you should ensure that you check the privacy statement/policies of those websites.
DESTRUCTION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
The Lost City Adventure Golf will take reasonable steps to destroy or de-identify any personal information about you once the information is no longer required for the purposes for which it was collected or as authorised or required by law.
CHANGES TO THE LOST CITY ADVENTURE GOLF PRIVACY STATEMENT
From time to time, the Lost City Adventure Golf may make changes to this Privacy Statement, when we do so we will notify you via our website.
HOW TO CONTACT US
Please contact us if you have any questions about this privacy statement or the information we hold about you.
If you wish to contact us, please send an email to email@example.com, write to Cityside Retail And Leisure Park, 100-150 York St, Belfast BT15 1JH or call 028 9099 5118
HOW TO COMPLAIN
We hope that we can resolve any query or concern you raise about our use of your information.
The General Data Protection Regulation also gives you right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the European Union (or European Economic Area) state where you work, normally live or where any alleged infringement of data protection laws occurred. The supervisory authority in the UK is the Information Commissioner who may be contacted at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ or telephone: 0303 123 1113.
Cookies and monitoring
We may use ‘cookies’ to monitor how people use our site. This helps us to understand how our customers and potential customers use our website so we can develop and improve the design, layout and function of the sites. A cookie is a piece of information that is stored on your computer’s hard drive through your browser, to recognise your browser and which records how you have used a website. This means that when you go back to that website, it can give you tailored options based on the information it has stored about your last visit. You can normally alter the settings of your browser to prevent it from accepting cookies.
Turning Off Cookies in Different Browsers The Help menu on the menu bar of most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie and how to disable cookies altogether. Additionally, you can disable or delete similar data used by browser add-ons, such as Flash cookies, by changing the add-ons settings or visiting the website of its manufacturer
To comply with applicable laws and lawful government requests, we reserve the right to access and disclose individually identifiable information to operate our systems properly or to protect our customers and ourselves. We also reserve the right to disclose individually identifiable information to third parties where a complaint arises concerning your use of the website or our services.
This site is operated by Lost City Adventure Golf (Knighton Leisure Ltd)